1. Hi what is your name?
-Hi you too .My name is Martha Robertson.
2. How old are you?
-I am 16.
3. Where do you study /jobs?
-I study at Boston Latin School. And 11th grade.
4. Tell me about your family?
-I have a mother whose name is Anne, a father whose name is Phil, and a brother whose name is Harry. Harry was not born in this family. He was born to a different family who gave him to us legally when he was 2 years old. We all have lived together since my parents were married in August, 1993. We always have other relatives and friends at our house.
5. What do you like sports?
-I like watching baseball games.
6. Do you like songs?
- Yes, I like songs. The song I like the most is a song called, “Tongue Tied.”
7. Do you like singers?
-Yes, I like singers. The singer I like the most is a band called, “Mumford and Sons.”
8. Do you write in the newspaper?
-We read the newspaper, watch the news on television and listen to the news on the radio.
Dad~ I have written letters to the editor .For three years I produced a TV show about the Boston Red Sox.
9. Please tell me about how you and your family got the news when you were my age?
-Dad~ when I was in high school I read the Boston Globe and watched the CBS evening news with Walter corn kite. Mum~ we got news via the TV and the newspaper and radio.
10. How do you do gets the news now?
-Dad~ today I get news from the radio newspapers and the Internet. Mum~ Via the internet, radio, newspaper and TV.
11. What are two or three of the most important news events that have happened during your life? Why?
-Brother~1. When the manager of the baseball team ,Boston Red Sox quit.
2. The earthquake in Japan surprised me too.
Dad~ the most important news events in my life so for
1. Vietnam War -> I learned how bad war is.
2. Neil Armstrong on the moon -> I was surprised at the science knowledge.
3. Boston Red Sox is a baseball team and when it won the World Series in 1967, 1975, 1986 and won in 2004, and 2007 I was very happy.
4. September 11, 2001 -> I noticed how weak our world was when people outside America attacked American buildings.
Mum~ the most important news events in my life
-John F.Kennedy death ->I saw how sad my parents were
-The O.J trial -> I saw how defective he system was, how truth could be distorted
12. What are some of the news events you and your family have talked about in the past month? Why?
-Brother~ we have talked about the Red Sox scandals because we were so surprised at the baseball players behavior.
Dad~ recently we talked about the death of Steve jobs because of the impact he had on our lives.
13. In your opinion what are the strengths and weaknesses of journalism in Boston? In the USA?
-Brother ~Boston newspapers always write attics on people who have died. I am glad they write them. I do not like how briefly journalists write about important issues.
Dad~ the strength of USA journalism is the speed the news travels.
14. What made you decide to host a Mongolian student?
-Martha~ I love communicating with people who have different cultures.
Brother~ I am excited to spent Halloween with Daariimaa.
15. I am trying to learn about news media in the United States. What advice can you give me about getting to know how journalism works in this country?
-Martha~ you must write about news topics that you are interested in and can make connections to. The bond between article and writer needs to be strong. You are clearly doing great.
16. What patterns in Boston and in the USA?
-Martha~ Journalists are able to influence voters to vote for different people. News can ruin a political person’s career if bad news about them gets out to voters.
Brother~ I don’t know but I see signs of the names of people running for office all over the place.
Thank you very much
Thanks you are welcome……….